***WE ARE ALL SET AND NO LONGER SEEKING MODELS, THANKS! ***
Please read through the following and then click the link at the end of this post (or on the image above) to submit your dog(s) to our dog model call. If you are chosen you will receive an email from us to schedule an in-person interview in late April in San Francisco.
Do you live in or near San Francisco? Does your dog love attention? Are they always the star of the show? Would you like to give your pooch a chance to be famous? Photographer Jamie Pflughoeft is shooting a large commercial campaign for a major pet brand in May, and she needs dog models of all breeds and sizes!
Here’s the scoop:
Dates: May 13th-20th 2015, at various locations in San Francisco. Each shoot will last for approximately 2 hours.
What we need: 15 different dog models
• 4 weeks to 8 years old (must be young-looking)
• *most breeds with some exceptions- please see below!
• lean weight (no overweight pooches)
• clean, straight teeth (no worn canines)
• clean fur (no tear stains or beard stains or visible scars)
• easily-viewable eyes (no heavy bangs)
• clear eyes (no cataracts or cloudy eyes)
• vibrant, full of personality, easy-going
• non-aggressive toward people or dogs of any kind
• manageable on a regular leash and flat fabric or leather collar (no prong collars or choke chains or head harnesses. chest harnesses ok, but need to be under control with regular collar)
• neutered (no unneutered males)
• obey basic commands such as sit, stay, down, come and leave-it (reliably)
• MUST play well with all other dogs and humans and be non-aggressive
• calm in chaotic environments around many people and distractions (used to being outdoors in different situations!)
Breeds we’d love to see (***but any breed qualifies as long as it’s not on the ‘no’ list below!!***):
Labrador Retriever, Golden Retriever, JRT (Jack Russel Terrier), Fox Terrier, Collie, Aussie,
Malamute, Basenji, Brussels Griffon, Boston Terrier, Frenchie, Poodle, Labradoodle, Goldendoodle, Havanese, Weimeraner (if laid-back), Viszla (if laid-back), Samoyed, German Shorthaired Pointer, Daschund, Pomeranian, Boston Terrier, Yorkie (if laid-back), Chihuahua (if laid-back), Beagle
Mixed breed mutts.
*Breeds unfortunately we can’t work with on this project (sorry!):
American Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Bulldog, Basset Hound, Bloodhound, Bull Terrier, Bullmastiff, Cane Corso, Chow, Doberman Pinscher, Dogo Argentino, English Bulldog, German Shepherd, Leonberger, Mastiff (including Neopolitan), Pekingese, Pit Bull, Pug, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Rottweiler, Sharpei, Tosa Inu. (If you have one of these breeds, please feel free to submit them to the model database to be considered for future projects!)
What you get: Each participant will receive both monetary compensation and discounts on future products and services from Cowbelly Pet Photography and a guaranteed fun time.
And the dogs involved? Well they will be a star for a day and will receive boatloads of love, treats, praise and attention! And go home exhausted and happy. 🙂
The deadline for model submission is Friday April 24th, 2015, so please get your submission in ASAP.
Thanks so much and we look forward to hearing from you!
Cowbelly Pet Photography owner/photographer